- TERMS & CONDITIONS: The "TESTED FOR LIFE Tryouts" content begins on October 9, 2019 and ends on December 1, 2019 at 11:59:59 pm ("Entry Period"). No purchase is necessary in order to participate. Eligible to participate are: persons within official residence in the European Union who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of contest entry. Excluded from participating are: employees and immediate family members of W.L. Gore & Associates GmbH ("Sponsor") and AKQA, Media Gravity, Carat, Dentsu Digital, isobar Germany GmbH, The Stern, and Realtime Media, LLC ("Contest Parties"), as well as any of their affiliates. By entering the contest, you officially agree to these Terms and Conditions and with the final decisions of the jury and the Sponsor. These decisions are final and binding. Legal recourse is specifically excluded.
- TIMING: The Competition consists of three (3) phases:
- Phase 1: Call For Contest Entries: begins on October 9, 2019 and ends on December 1, 2019 ("Entry Period").
- In addition, all Tryouts submitted during the Entry Period will be entered into a drawing for one pair of INNOX EVO GTX® LO JUNIOR children's boots (October 22, 2019) and two pairs of ZANIER GORE-TEX GTKYD GLOVES (November 4 and 24, 2019). The winners will be notified immediately.
- Phase 2: Jury Selection of 5 Finalists: From December 2-8, 2019 the jury will select five (5) finalists from all submitted entries.
- Phase 3: Publication of the Entry Gallery & Public Vote: Begins on December 9, 2019 and ends on December 15, 2019.
- Phase 4: Selection & Notification of the Winners: The winners of the Contest (Grand Prize) will be notified on or after December 16, 2019 via Instagram.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE (Phase 1: Call for Contest Entries): First check that your Instagram profile is publicly accessible. Then go to www.instagram.com and sign in to your profile. Put on your GORE-TEX gear and take a photo or video of yourself in your favorite location! If you like, write a short headline in the description. This could be a phrase, a quote or other type of statement. Use the hashtag #TestedForLife and mark your favorite location.
Upload it to Instagram @goretexeu with the hashtag #TestedForLife. Third parties should only appear in your entry with their explicit permission. Insofar as your entry contains the hashtag #TestedForLife, after verification we will publish it on our Entry Gallery on the website www.gore-tex.co.uk/my-tryout. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse your entry if it fails to meet the "Requirements for Competition Entries." Otherwise your entry will be published on the website, along with the entries of other contest participants. If you do not want your entry to be displayed in the Entry Gallery, please contact us via a direct message on Instagram @goretexeu
- REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPETITION ENTRIES: Entries may not contain any content that is insulting, damaging, degrading, false, deceptive or in any other way inappropriate or illegal. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse entries which it deems to be in violation of these Contest requirements.
- CONSENT AND USAGE RIGHTS
By uploading an entry:
a. you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
b. you confirm that you have submitted information that is truthful and correct.
c. you grant permission for your Entry to be posted on the Contest website.
d. you agree that once your photo or video is accepted as an Entry, you will not use it for any other purpose unless you mention your participation in this Contest.
e. if your Entry is published, you grant the Sponsor and its Contest Parties the exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free and worldwide rights to use the photo or video for the following purposes: in connection with this Contest, for the purposes of commercial marketing, your Entry is allowed to be reproduced both physically and electronically, distributed and published, publicly played, publicly displayed, processed and modified, in its original or in a revised form. Physically, your Entry may take any form of film or print use, during its electronic use as part of the website, mobile applications, e-mails or multimedia presentations. A current list of affiliates of the Sponsor can be found here: https://www.gore.co.uk/affiliates.
Insofar as you give your consent, the Sponsor and its affiliates can use your name and your image in connection with this Contest and other marketing activities for GORE-TEX products, in all media and all formats, in any location without payment or any further permission. The use of any personal data by the Sponsor is restricted by the provisions of the Privacy Notice that is published on the website of the Sponsor.
The Sponsor will send a specific agreement to you regarding the usage rights described.
By submitting a video or a photo, you represent and warrant:
a. that you are entitled to grant the Sponsor the rights laid out in these Terms & Conditions without any restrictions.
b. that neither the video or photo or its contents violates the rights of any third parties. You agree to indemnify the Sponsor and its affiliates from any third party claims against the Sponsor or its affiliates that may arise due to the use of your Entry, in line with these Terms & Conditions.
c. That the video or photo has not been previously published, and has not been submitted to any other competition.
d. that you waive any and all claims against Sponsor and its affiliates you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, in connection with their use or publication of any other third party Entry.
- JURY SELECTION AND PUBLIC VOTE: (Phase 2&3: Publishing of the Entry Gallery, Public Vote): From all Entries submitted, our jury will select the five (5) best Tryouts, which will then be published on Instagram. In order to consent to the publication of the Entries, participants must be at least eighteen (18) years old. To place your vote, please visit www.instagram.com and use a Like to vote for your favorite of the five finalists. Contest participants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, such as offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means are null and void. The Sponsor reserves the right to void any votes, which it deems to subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process and if necessary disqualify the Entry, at its sole discretion.
- JUDGING AND SELECTION OF THE WINNERS: The judging begins on December 9, 2019 and ends on December 15, 2019. The jury, which will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, will rate every Entry and will select the five (5) Tryouts that display an exceptional passion for the outdoors and/or an unusual location. From these, the online community will determine the winner via Public Voting. The Entry that attains the most public votes will be deemed the preliminary winner of the Contest ("Preliminary Winner"). In the event of a tie, the jury will select one winner from the two Preliminary Winners. The Sponsor reserves the right not to award any prize, if in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
- NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNER: The prize will only be awarded if the (Preliminary) Winner meets the Terms & Conditions in full. The Preliminary Winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram and requested to return a Declaration of Consent and Release Declaration to the Administrator within seven (7) working days, according to Section 5 of these Terms & Conditions. If the Preliminary Winner cannot be contacted, e.g. the Terms & Conditions are not fully met, an alternate Winner will be selected. The winner will be contacted on December 16, 2019.
- DATA PROTECTION: The Sponsor collects and uses the personal information of participants only insofar as this is legally permitted or as far as the participant consents. The Participant accepts the Privacy Notice of the Sponsor. All personal data (user name, last name, telephone number, e-mail, postal address of the participant) will be specifically collected and saved only for the purpose and duration of the implementation of this Contest. After the Contest period expires, this information will be deleted, provided there are no legal requirements for data retention are in place. Personal data will only be shared with third parties when this is necessary, such as with the tour operator for the arranging of the prize trip. Further information, specifically on the rights of those affected, our complaints office and contact persons for data privacy can be found at: https://www.gore.co.uk/privacy-notice
- PRIZE: The winner will receive an invitation for a 7-day trip to Iceland, which is scheduled for March 2020, optional May 2020 with different activities, as well as a GORE-TEX jacket (Style: DYNAFIT Radical GORE-TEX or NORRONA GORE-TEX INFINIUM LYNGEN). The specific style may change, depending on availability.
A cash payout of the prize is not allowed.
The travel package includes:
- Return flights, economy class, the departure airport (a major airport in the vicinity of the winner) and the airline will be determined by the Sponsor
- Transfer between the airport and the hotel at your destination
- Standard room for seven (7) days/ six (6) nights
- Snowmobile tour to the ice tunnel (entry included)
- Super-Jeep tour to the Northern Lights
- Whale-watching tour
- Guided tour of a lava cave
- Rental car for two registered drivers
- Breakfast included
- 500 euros in cash
- PRIZE LIMITATIONS: The final value of the prize will depend on the winner's place of residence and actual travel dates. The travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor. The Sponsor will make every effort to coordinate the travel dates with the winner. The specific flights will depend on availability and are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline. The trip must take place within the above-mentioned time period and be reserved by the winner at least thirty (30) days in advance. Otherwise the prize expires and the Sponsor has no further obligation to the winner. The winner is responsible for all transfers which are not specifically listed in these Terms & Conditions. The winner is required to obtain and have available all necessary travel documents prior to the trip. The planning of the trip will be handled by the travel providers of the Sponsor. The trip cannot be combined with any other offer and the trip does not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If for some reason a portion of the prize is not available, the Sponsor reserves the right to replace this portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or higher value.
- MISCELLANEOUS: The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any malfunction of any computer system, hardware, software or program or any other error, failure, delay in computer transmission or network connection of a human or technical nature. The Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of the Entries by third parties.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to German law.
SPONSOR: W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH, Hermann-Oberth-Str. 22, D-85640 Putzbrunn, Germany.
© Copyright 2019 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.
GORE-TEX, GORE and designs are trademarks of W. L. Gore & Associates.