NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Tested For Life Consumer Tryouts ("Contest") begins at on February 4, 2019 and ends on May 20, 2019 (“Entry Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, Andorra, Iceland and Liechtenstein who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of participation. Not eligible are employees of W.L. Gore & Associates GmbH (the “Sponsor”), AKQA, Media Gravity, Carat, Dentsu Digital, The Stem, Realtime Media, LLC and any of their affiliates (collectively, “Contest Parties”) and their immediate family members. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. No correspondence will be entered into.
- TIMING: The Contest will consist of three (3) phases, as detailed below:
- Phase 1: Call For Contest Entries: Begins on February 4, 2019 and ends on April 18, 2019 (“Entry Period”)
- Phase 2: Entry Gallery & Public Vote: Begins on April 22, 2019 and ends on May 20, 2019
- Phase 3: Winner Selection & Notication: The Contest Grand Prize Winners will be notified on or about May 27, 2019
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE (Phase 1: Call for Contest Entries): Go to www.gore-tex.co.uk/my-tryout (“Contest Website”) to access the Contest Website and complete the Contest entry form. For your participation, the Sponsor collects personal data for the purpose of conducting this Contest, such as name, e-mail address and country of residence. Personal data will be used in accordance with Sponsor's Privacy Notice, please see https://www.gore.co.uk/privacy-notice. In cases of doubt, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry is deemed to be the participant. You will then be directed to upload one (1) shortvideo or photo of you wearing a GORE-TEX product doing whatever your passion is in a way that seems unexpected, interesting or surprising (“Entry” or) via your PC or mobile device. Acceptable formats of videos include MPG, MP4, MOV, WMV, or AVI files that do not exceed 500MB. Acceptable formats of photos include JPG, PNG and GIF files that do not exceed 10MB. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject Entries based on the “Requirements of Contest Entries” listed below. Otherwise, your Entry will be published in the public gallery on the Website, together with other entries for public voting. Upon submitting your Entry, you will have the opportunity to share it with others, as well as view other approved entries via the public gallery. Limit of five (5) Entries per participant.
- REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES: Entries may not contain any content that is offensive, harmful, derogatory, inaccurate, deceptive or otherwise inappropriate or unlawful. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to accept entries that violate these requirements.~
- REPRESENTATIONS AND RIGHT TO USE:
By submitting a video or photo
a. you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
b. you confirm to have given truthful and correct information.
c. you hereby grant permission for your Entry to be posted on the Contest Websites.
d. you agree that you will not use your video or photo, once approved as an Entry for any other purpose without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
e. provided it is approved as an Entry, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliates an exclusive, perpetual and royalty-free, worldwide right to use the video or photo in the following ways: Your Entry may be reproduced, distributed, edited, modified, published, publicly performed and publicly displayed for commercial marketing, both physically and electronically, in the original, edited or modified form. The physical uses of your Entry may take place in any form of film or print, while the electronic uses may be as part of websites, mobile applications, e-mails, or multimedia presentations. A current list of the affiliates of the Sponsor can be found here: https://www.gorco.uk/affiliates.
f. you consent to the use, by Sponsor and its affiliates, of your name, likeness, and image, in connection with the Contest and Sponsor’s marketing activities for GORE-TEX products, in any media or format now known or hereafter invented, in any and all locations, without any payment to or further approval from you. Sponsor’s use of your personal data will be governed by the Privacy Notice posted on the Sponsor website.
By submitting a video or photo, you represent and warrant
a. that you are entitled to grant the rights to the Sponsor as set forth in these Rules without any restrictions.b. that neither the video or photo nor their content infringes any third party rights. You agree to indemnify the Sponsor and its affiliates from any third party claims subject to the use of the video or photo by Sponsor or its affiliates subject to these Official Rules.
c. that the video or photo has not been previously published, has not won previous awards
d. that you waive any and all claims against Sponsor and its affiliates you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, in connection with their use or publication of any other Entry.
- PUBLIC VOTE (Phase 2: Entry Gallery & Public Vote): Voters must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of voting. To place a vote, visit a Contest Website during Phase 2 and follow the on screen instructions. You will be limited to place one (1) vote for your favorite Entry posted within the gallery. Contest participants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, such as offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to void any votes, which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process and disqualify the Entry, at its sole discretion.
- CONTEST WINNER JUDGING (Judging/Winner Selection): Judging begins on May 20, 2019 and ends on May 27, 2019. The judging panel, selected by the Sponsor at its sole discretion, will score each approved Entry. Contest Grand Prize Judging will be based cumulatively on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness of idea
- Demonstrates GORE-TEX product benefits well
- Number of Public Votes
The Entries with the highest scores awarded by the judging panel will be deemed the preliminary Contest Grand Prize winners (“Preliminary Winners”) for the Contest. A total of two (2) Contest Grand Prizes will be awarded to the winners selected from Entries on www.gore-tex.co.uk website. In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaking” judge will be brought in to evaluate the tied entries, based on the highest score for Public Votes above. Sponsor reserves the right not to award any of the Contest Grand Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
8. NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNERS: Prizes will be awarded only after a winner’s eligibility is verified by Sponsor. The Preliminary Winners will be notified by email together with a Release Declaration, which must be completed, signed and returned to Administrator within fourteen (14) business days of date of issuance. If the Preliminary Winner cannot be contacted, e.g. email returned as undeliverable, fails to claim the prize, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate Entry among eligible Entries received. Preliminary Winners will be contacted between May 20 and May 27, 2019 via e-mail and final winners will be announced publicly upon timely return of the above mentioned Declarations.
CONTEST PRIZES/PRIZE LIMITATIONS: Two (2) Contest Grand Prize will be awarded for the winner selected from www.gore-tex.co.uk. The winners will receive:
- Invitation a 2-3 days trip to the German GORE-TEX Fabric Headquarters in Feldkirchen-Westerham (Greater Munich area, Germany) taking place in taking place between July and September 2019 to create your own GORE-TEX jacket. No cash alternative.
- Trip package will include
- Round-trip coach air transportation for winner to Munich, Germany, from a major airport near the winner’s home and by airline, both determined by Sponsor. Alternatively, in the event the winner lives within 100 miles from the GORE-TEX Fabrics headquarters, ground transportation only (not air transportation) will be provided to and from the hotel.
- One (1) standard room for three (3) days/two (2) nights
- Roundtrip ground transportation to and from airport and hotel
- Roundtrip ground transportation to and from hotel and German GORE-TEX Fabrics Headquarters
- Meals Included
- Material and Support by Sponsor’s technical experts to design and sew your own jacket
CONTEST GRAND TRIP PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per participant. Actual prize value depends on the location of the winner’s residence and dates of travel. The travel date will be set by Sponsor. Sponsor will attempt to coordinate the itinerary and travel date with the winner. Flight dates are subject to availability and the rules and conditions of the airline apply. Travel must be taken during the timeframe specified above and must be reserved by the winner thirty (30) days in advance. Otherwise, the prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor will have no further obligations to the winner. Winner is solely responsible for any transportation not expressly listed in these Rules. For international travel the winner is solely responsible to obtain and have available all necessary travel documents to allow entry into Germany. . Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s travel agent. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If any portion of the prize is unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to replace that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor and Contest Parties assume no responsibility for any malfunction of any computer system, hardware, software or program or any other error, failure, delay in computer transmission or network connection of a human or technical nature. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of the Entries by third parties.
These Official Rules are subject to German Law.
10. WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners, send an email to the following email address by June 15, 2019: [email protected]
SPONSOR: W.L. Gore & Associates GmbH, Hermann-Oberth-Str. 22, 85640 Putzbrunn, Germany.
ADMINISTRATOR: Realtime Media LLC, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA 19428
© Copyright 2019 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.
GORE-TEX, GORE and designs are trademarks of W. L. Gore & Associates.