World-class athlete on rock and ice
Robert Jasper was born in 1968 and grew up in the Black Forest in Germany. He became keen on climbing at an early age, practising and gaining experience in the nearby Schlüchttal and in the Jura Mountains near Basel (Switzerland). Today Robert Jasper is one of the world’s leading extreme mountain climbers.
When I do my extreme climbs in the Alps, 16x the north face of the Eiger, or undertake expeditions to the far-flung corners of the world such as Tierra del Fuego near Cape Horn, Alaska, or to the Himalayas I must have equipment that I can rely on 100%. The best possible protection against the elements, i.e. the combination of windproofness and waterproofness and maximum breathability, is crucial for survival. I can place my complete trust in the know-how of Gore. The fact that we have been working together as partners for the past 15 years speaks for itself!Robert Jasper
- Solo ascent of the three greatest north faces of the Alps (the Eiger, the Matterhorn and the Grandes Jorasses) in record time
- Voted the world’s most successful mixed climber; north face of the Grandes Jorasses, first free ascent of the No Siesta route, 1000m, M8
- First nomination for the Piolet d’Or (regarded as the Oscars of the mountaineering world). Also nominated in 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012
- Ascent of the north face of Cerro Murallon, Patagonia, via the “Gone with the wind” route, 1,100 metres, 9+ A2, M5, first ascent
- Baffin Island, Canada, The Bastions, 1st ascent: “Take the long way home” A4, 8a, 700m
- Ascent of the north face of the Eiger,“ Japaner Direttissima“ 8a,M5; 1600m, first free ascent, redpointed
- Terra del Fuego expedition, Monte Sarmiento (west summit), 2145 m, first ascent of the “Odisea de Magallanes” route, 3000m, in alpine style in 39 hours. North face of the Eiger, “John Harlin Direttissima” route, M8, 7a, rp., 1800m, first free ascent – north face of the Eiger, first free ascent of the “John Harlin Direttissima Route, 1800 m, 7a, M8
- “North Face Trilogie Free”: north face of the Matterhorn , first free ascent of the Sebastien Gay Memorial Route, 1000m, M8
- Tierra del Fuego expedition, first ascent of the Monte Giordano, Sharksfin Ridge, M7, 2200 hm., in alpine style, 27 hours
- Ritter der Kokosnuss, M12, trad (without bolts), first ascent of the hardest mixed multi-pitch route in the world
We have a long tradition of sponsoring professional athletes.